Skip to main content

International Health Certificate Form

Please fill out the following PRIOR to scheduling an appointment.
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Owner details

  • Pet information

  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Drop files here or
    Signed rabies certificate with date of last vaccination, name of the manufacturer, batch (serial) number, and date of when next rabies booster is due and doctor’s signature – documents needed on the day of visit. (Not required to submit this form)

Disclaimer: Once this form and the required documents are received, one of our staff members will reach out to schedule an appointment.

For International Travel (Outside the USA)
Many countries have their pet health certificates and travel requirements, available at

The International Health Certificate should be issued by one of our USDA-certified veterinarians at Huffard Animal Hospital. The certificate should indicate the following:

  • Name of pet
  • Breed
  • Color
  • Age of pet
  • Country of origin
  • Name/address/phone number of the owner of a pet
  • Confirmation that the pet is healthy and free of parasites
  • Vaccinations are given, including type, manufacturer, and batch number

Generally, the rabies shot must be given at least 30 days, but not more than 12 months, before travel, although some countries have different requirements. However, you must enter your destination country before your pet’s most recent rabies vaccination has expired. Along with an international health certificate, there may be additional requirements for traveling abroad. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the international pet travel requirements specific to your destination prior to your appointment (THIS IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY). Improper or incomplete paperwork for your pet can derail your travel plans, costing you valuable time and money. If you have any questions, our staff at Huffard Animal Hospital is happy to help.