Seasonal allergies can flare up for our pets just like they do for us. Your pet may be feeling the pollen pain so make sure to keep your eyes and ears open for any symptoms they may be experiencing.
With dogs, we tend to see skin and ear issues more so than respiratory symptoms. These symptoms can include:
- Excessive scratching or itching of the belly or feet
- Nonstop licking of an affected area
- Repeated rubbing of a problematic area [face, belly, armpit, etc.] on the carpet
- Hot spots – red and raw patches where your dog may have chewed away fur
- Odor from the ear [possible ear infection as a result of the allergy]
Feline friends can feel the pollen pain, too. While they can have skin and ear symptoms, they also tend to have respiratory problems such as:
- Difficulty breathing
The good news is that there are many treatments available for pet allergies that prove very effective. Many other serious things can cause these symptoms in dogs and cats besides allergies, so if your pet is experiencing any potential allergy problems it is important for them to see your veterinarian as soon as possible. Schedule an appointment online here or call/text us at 410.768.3620.
Enjoy the warm weather!